Lamb with Honey and Rosemary
- 3lb/1.3kg Shoulder or Leg of Higher Hacknell Lamb
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
- 3tbsp clear honey
- � pt / 425 ml of cider
- PREHEAT the oven to 180C/350F/ gas mark 4
- Place the roasting joint in a roasting tin and rub with salt, pepper and the ginger. Sprinkle with rosemary, run the honey over the joint and pour around the cider.
- ROAST THE LAMB for about 1.5 hours (or a bit less depending on how you like your lamb), basting from time to time. Once it has cooked, place it on a serving dish and allow it to rest while you make the gravy.
- FOR THE GRAVY, place the roasting dish on the hob, reduce the meat juices slightly (skimming off any fat if necessary) and strain. Slice the lamb and serve with the gravy and vegetable of your choice. I think it goes well with dauphinoise potatoes (thin layers of potatoes with garlic and milk/cream) and a fresh vegetable.