Streaky Bacon, Celeriac and Soft egg
- 6 slices smoked streaky bacon
- 3 duck eggs
- 1 small celeriac, leaves reserved if available
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise, to taste
- Salt and white pepper
- Splash of lemon juice if needed
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof or parchment paper. Place the slices of bacon onto the tray and cover with more paper and another tray so that they are pushed flat onto the bottom tray. Place in the oven and cook until crisp (about 10 minutes)
- Put the duck eggs into boiling water and boil for 6 minutes, remove from the pan and place into iced water, chill and then peel
- Peel and slice the celeriac into thin matchsticks. Mix with the onion in a bowl, add the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice if needed.
- Once the bacon is crisp crumble 3 of the slices into the celeriac and mix.
- Cut the tops off the duck eggs, season with a little salt and pepper, place onto a plate, add a good spoon full of celeriac, finish with the remaining slices of bacon. Garnish with celeriac leaves if using and serve.